Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's a Great Turkey, Charlie Brown...

Okay, I know...technically "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving", but when you lug home a 27lb turkey...well..."It's a Great Turkey" seems just more appropriate.

In Moscow, getting a whole turkey is not an easy feat. You either pay tons of money for a frozen turkey from on import grocery store or you are blessed by being not only able to get a fresh turkey, but also support the senior fundraiser at the Christian academy by ordering one from them. It's great to get a fresh turkey...even if you have to pluck a few quills...and it's great to support the kids...the guys who sold me the turkey were listening to Billie Holiday- got to love that! The only problem with this..is well..the turkeys are gargantuan...I mean at 27lbs.- I got the smallest one there!

I arranged for one of my friends, who has a car, to help me get the big baby home. I was greatly relieved to see that she does fit in my oven..in one piece even! Unfortunately, my freezer...well, that's another story.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

WOW...now that is a big turkey. Loved hearing the story of you getting a turkey. Is Thanksgiving at your apartment ?

About Angela said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Pack- Yes, we are having Thanksgiving dinner at my apartment, but on Saturday. Today I'm in the office. Most of my friends aren't off today and so I decided to have it Saturday. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!